Table of Contents
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR MAY 19TH, 2020
To our Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry Patients and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family well! Our community has been through much over the last few weeks, and everyone here at Bitesize is looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to our patients’ well-being and safety!
As of June 1st, we will be reopening both of our Park Slope and Williamsburg offices and will be continuing to follow the health and safety recommendations put in place by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
During your next visit to Bitesize, you can expect to see some changes to ensure all staff and patients are well protected:
- All visits now must be scheduled beforehand. Families should not be entering the office without an appointment.
- For everyone’s health and safety, we are limiting the waiting room capacity at the office. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait outside and call the office first. Our staff will then check you in over the phone and inform you when it is safe to enter the waiting room.
- For the time being, there will be no toys or books in our waiting room.
- All staff will be wearing additional PPE for the safety of everyone. Parents, please also wear a mask while in the office.
- It may take longer than normal to get on the schedule, so please be patient. We will be prioritizing children in pain, with known cavities, those who had areas of concern previously, and children who are high risk of cavities.
- We love children and normally don’t mind a full house. However, in order to practice proper social distancing we will be seeing less patients per day than normal. This means some families who had existing appointments may be rescheduled.
- If your child or anyone in your family has had recent flu-like symptoms, then we ask that you inform us so we may postpone your appointment.
- New patients will be required to complete Online Health Forms prior to their first visits. This will allow our clinical and administrative staff to prepare for your appointment quicker and easier. Williamsburg Online Patient Health Forms can be found here and Park Slope here.
- We still want your child’s visit to be fun! We will do our very best to provide you with the Bitesize experience you have become accustomed to! All these steps are being taken in an abundance of caution. Our offices will continue to be clean and safe environments for everyone!
We look forward to seeing you and your little one again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and everyone here at Bitesize safe! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or give us a call at 718-899-4500 (Williamsburg) or 917-397-1341 (Park Slope) with any questions or to make an appointment.
We thank you for your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office! We have missed every one of the Bitesize family!
– Your Bitesize Doctors and Team
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR APRIL 7TH, 2020
To our Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry Patients and Families,
We are here for you during this time. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus situation in our community, we want to reach out and share the actions Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry is taking to keep our patients and staff healthy and protected, so that we can continue to provide the best pediatric dentistry treatment in the area.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a virtual visit option to help improve communication while our office is closed for the time being. We encourage existing patients with dental emergencies to please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or give us a call at 718-899-4500 (Williamsburg) or 917-397-1341 (Park Slope) to book in a time to perform a virtual visit.
Our top priority has always been the safety and wellbeing of our patients, guests, staff, providers and community. Here are some information from the CDC on COVID-19:
COVID-19 symptoms are similar to the cold or flu, and may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. Be vigilant as severe cases may lead to pneumonia, kidney failure or death. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. See article from CDC: When and How to Wash Your Hands. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For the most up-to-date information on possible vaccines, treatments, FAQs, news and more, please visit the following official health organizations:
Thank you so much for your support and understanding during this difficult time. We feel blessed to be part of such an amazing community. We take comfort knowing we will get through this together. We will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry – Williamsburg
568 Union Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA
Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry – Park Slope
379 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA